Timewatch is certified to meet ISO 27001 standard
Following an announcement in March that Timewatch is certified to ISO 9001 standard, we can now announce the company is also certified to ISO 27001 standard – meeting the three pillars of cyber security: people, processes and technology.
ISO 27001 is the only auditable international standard that defines the requirements of an (information security management system).
30 second overview:
- Timewatch meets only auditable international standard
- Timewatch is ISO 27001 certified
- Recognition that Timewatch provides high-level information security
Timewatch is certified to ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 standards
Timewatch is a SaaS provider of professional services automation software, including resource scheduling, timesheets and time tracking, project costing and billing. The company is now certified to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 standard – meeting the only auditable international standards that define the requirements of an information security management system.
What IS ISO 27001? What is required of Timewatch?
To be compliant, Timewatch are required to do the following, and these are independently audited every year to remain certified.
- Systematically examines our information security risks, taking account of the threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts
- Designs and implements a coherent and comprehensive suite of information security controls
- Adopts a management process to ensure information security controls continue to meet the organization’s information security needs on an ongoing basis
What does this mean?
- Timewatch has top level tools in place to avoid external and internal security threats
- Timewatch meets all General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements
- Timewatch is demonstrating to our customers and partners that Timewatch takes security seriously
- Timewatch has systems with enough flexibility to ensure staff maintains focus on information security tasks
- ISO 27001 certification is globally accepted and demonstrates effective security, reducing the need for repeat customer audits
Why is ISO 27001 important?
Not only does the standard provide companies with the necessary know-how for protecting their most valuable information, but a company can also prove to customers and partners that it safeguards their data. Individuals can also get ISO 27001-certified by attending a course and passing the exam and, in this way, prove their skills to potential employers. ISO 27001 is an international standard and is easily recognized around the world.
What does this accreditation mean for Timewatch customers?
The International Organization for Standardization is an independent, non-governmental, international organization that develops globally recognized standards.
Our ISO accreditations ensure the quality, safety, and efficiency of products, services, and systems for our customers – old and new. As technology continues to rapidly develop, new standards are drafted and implemented by people at all levels within the global industry going through standardization. Timewatch meets those standards.
Other posts you may be interested in:
ISO 9001 is the International Standard for Quality Management Systems, addressing the principles and processes surrounding the design, development, and delivery of products or services. By participating in certification, Timewatch demonstrates its commitment to delivering quality products and services.
Timesheet apps are a corporate security risk. Scary Fact: Research by Arxan, experts in mobile security, found that it took less than 10 minutes to hack into the top 30 financial sector apps, and they discovered 180 vulnerabilities! Demonstrating the vulnerabilities exposed by downloadable mobile apps. Timesheet apps risk your customer, employee, project and billing data. In this article we explain how, and why Timewatch does not suffer from this security risk.
As we continue to push through the impact COVID has had on the workplace and employment, there is desire from many quarters for a “return to normal”. Memo to all employers: those days are gone. Work will never look like it did in 2019, but in this article Timewatch details some of the changes our customers have made, some suggestions, and some of the things we have done to help our customers cope with this changing work environment.
Why ‘Simple’? We asked customers what exactly they mean by simple – the answer might surprise you, they don’t mean simple at all!
It’s something we can all agree on: completing timesheets is a chore, but it is an important administrative duty for organizations that need to track time. The good news is that time tracking can be made to be a faster, easier, and more efficient than your current process.
During Covid we’ve seen communication platforms and collaborative interfaces change the way we work – whether we are logging in from home or returning to the office. Many businesses have also had to rethink how they keep track of work and project time for employees.